Saturday, June 21, 2014

1/144 HGUC Dreissen : Heavy Lifter Custom

After a very long lay-off on Gunpla due to burn out or have been busy doing other builds... finally a Gundam Build.

It really feels good to get back at it again after that disaster of a Tieren (Epic Fail) I made a few years back that was done in low quality industrial spray cans, the only available materials here and may have contributed to my hesitation on doing Gunpla again.

Now that I have with me some of my AB kits, a portable compressor (low PSI, but at least I have control) and a few hobby paints this is as good as I can get away with what I have. This build was done in a breeze on and off for 2 hours ++ in a 2 weeks span, modified to fit a series of construction mechs I'm planning to build and this will be my test build. I also have a new toy to play with and help me out on this work, a Makerbot replicator 2 3D printer.

Less talk... here are the photos and I hope it's enough to explain what I have done ( the Crane Rig, Container and Mounts including the Claws are the parts I designed and 3D Printed ).


































This custom joined the 4th Gundam ModelsAE Custom Build Off competition for the 1/144 HGUC Dreissen. It was a great event and for me I was more glad to have found a group now here. Big Thanks and shout out to Gundam ModelsAE, 2Mac and the Guys! Cheers!!!


Thanks for the visit.

TK07

No comments:

Post a Comment